Blood tests also are likely more expensive and challenging to administer in a work setting. This can mean you’re less likely to find yourself facing a blood test. This person may fully metabolize it much faster since they so infrequently consume THC. There is no clear cut answer for how long how long does weed stay in your system THC or its byproducts will remain in your body. Cannabis use can be detected anywhere from three to 90 days depending on the type of test. Many who are facing a drug test but are unwilling to fully give up cannabis turn to synthetic cannabinoids in the hopes of cheating traditional tests.
This test determines how toxins such as drug residues interact with antibodies if they are present, indicating whether or not drug residues are present. The second phase of testing is a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) test, which is used to eliminate false positives. Typically, weed will remain longer in hair and can be detectable for up to 90 days from the day of use.
How Does Your Body Influence Drug Test Results?
However, it’s still very difficult to do, and you risk bigger trouble if you’re found out. Urine must test at the right temperature and pH and https://ecosoberhouse.com/ have standard levels of creatine within a normal range. If you have to take a supervised urinalysis, it can be much more difficult to fake.
- That means that each time you use products with THC in it, more THC byproduct will find its way into your body and system.
- There isn’t much you can do to speed up the amount of time it takes for THC metabolites to leave your system.
- THC-COOH is a byproduct of THC and the primary metabolite urine tests measure.
- THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the main active psychoactive chemical in cannabis.
- Upon inhalation, active THC can be found in the bloodstream within seconds and detected in plasma for several hours, depending on the frequency of use and dosage.
- This article will offer estimates for various tests but the following factors can impact these estimates and potentially increase the length of time THC and its metabolites remain in your system.
Blood tests for marijuana use are rare and are usually only conducted as a follow-up to a potential false positive on a previous testing method. THC is rapidly metabolized by your body and will only remain detectable in your blood for somewhere between a few hours and one to two days after a single use. Numerous reports have estimated the length of time THC remains in urine. For example, LabCorp’s Drugs of Abuse Reference Guide states that marijuana is detectable in urine after last use anywhere from two days for first-time users to two months for chronic users. A tiny piece of hair is clipped and taken for analysis during the test. As FMA Health claims, a two-step procedure is commonly used for a hair follicle test.
RubeZilla Art Exhibit Decks the Halls at the Former Marijuana Mansion
Dietary supplements or over-the-counter medications, like vitamin B3, cayenne, milk thistle, or exclusive herbal remedies, are also marketed to help the body process marijuana faster. Recent studies have also investigated the duration of THC in the body. A 2009 report published in Drug and Alcohol Dependence tested cannabinoid levels among 33 chronic marijuana smokers.